Johnson University offers a wide range of technology services. All dorm rooms and residential facilities are equipped with wireless internet connectivity. The campus has multimedia classrooms and multiple computer labs containing PCs and Macs.
To access the Johnson network, students need either:
- A PC running Windows Vista, or Windows 7 or 8 (fully patched), up-to-date virus scan software (we recommend Microsoft Security Essentials), and a network cable (for wired access)
- A patched Mac with an operating system OS X 10.7 or higher (no antivirus software required) and a network cable (for wired access)
- Up-to-date mobile and/or tablet (iOS/Android)
- Routers (wireless or not) are not permitted on the Johnson network
- Johnson uses a service to block inappropriate or dangerous sites
- Peer-to-peer software is not permitted on Johnson’s network
More Tech Info
Have questions or need help with Sakai?
Call the 24/7 Sakai Help Desk Support Line at 855-821-5921.