Old Main was built on Johnson’s campus in 1905; it replaced the first main building built in 1894 which was consumed by a fire in 1904. During the University’s early years, students lived, ate, and studied within the walls of Old Main. Classrooms where Ashley Johnson taught were used as recently as 2008, and special events are held in Old Main Chapel. Old Main also contains the Johnson University Museum of Archaeology featuring 11 exhibits. A prayer room is located on the third floor.