The Ph.D. in Leadership Studies is an online, research-based, interdisciplinary degree that seeks to facilitate the leadership abilities and roles of Christian men and women working in inter-cultural, cross-cultural, and/or international contexts.
The online Ph.D. program enhances credentials and skills for management and leadership positions within academic or ministry/missionary focused organizations. This program is flexibly designed for working adults who:
- Have the intellectual capacity for advanced study, writing, and research.
- Desire to learn more about and critically reflect upon leadership, organizations, and society.
- Are committed to the Center for Global Studies and Johnson’s mission of communicating throughout the world the message of peace and wholeness as described in the Christian Scriptures.
Doctoral students focus their studies by selecting one of four concentrations:
- Educational Leadership – Focus on issues, policy, and practices unique to educational settings
- Organizational Leadership – Focus on for-profit and non-profit organizations (non-educational)
- Theology of Leadership – Focus on theoretical implications for leadership in its various forms
- Missional Leadership – Completed in partnership with Forge America.
Conducted completely online, the Ph.D. in Leadership Studies uses asynchronous learning methods that require students to learn independently, but not alone. Additionally, our values-oriented educational perspective is based on a biblical foundation and Christian worldview, providing a substantive distinctive in this program. View recommended Ph.D. course schedule.
This online Ph.D. is flexibly designed for each student so their experience is applicable and relevant to their work in ministry. an advisor to begin your Ph.D. student journey.
The online Ph.D. program includes:
- Core classwork in leadership, ethics, and research.
- Courses such as Intro to Global Studies, Leadership Studies, Leadership Development, Organizational Theory, Global Leadership, and many more.
- 7-week, 100% online courses.
- Convenient communication with faculty through online classrooms, email, Skype, and phone.
- Flexibility to ensure the each student can learn the information needed to excel in their socio-cultural context.
For any additional questions about this program, the Office of Admissions.