Event and Travel Coordinator for Johnson University Tennessee
Job Summary: The event and travel coordinator helps represent Johnson University both on and off campus. This individual should be well organized to represent Johnson with trained personnel and appropriate materials at events to encourage students to consider attending the University.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Submit activity forms well in advance of events to reserve rooms, campus venues and resources
- Schedule event dates that coordinate with the Academic Schedule, other campus events, and prospective student schedules
- Arrange for guest speakers, their travel and housing, and their stipends/incentives for participation
- Organize event details, programming, and project management
- Make sure all information is accurate and available on the Johnson website in a timely fashion
- Recruit volunteers for events and workshops, including a Creative Team for event content and activities
- Coordinate student hosts for campus events
- Market events to our target market and increase attendance to boost recruits
- Events include: Genesis Weekend (and Spring Orientation), Preview Days, Spring Retreat, Bible Bowl, CIY, The Event, retreat groups, youth group visits, and other scheduled events pertaining to the Enrollment Services department
Recruitment Team Coordinator
- Coordinate and communicate recruiting schedules for Admissions Counselors
- Recruit and train representatives to travel to churches and events
- Manage and track travel details and expenses (housing, transportation, food)
- Submit check requests for recruitment event booth reservations
- Represent Johnson at conventions when necessary
- Organize materials and information to be used by University representatives during recruiting events
- Help recruit, interview, and choose recruitment team members during the Fall Term
- Train and develop team members during the Spring Term
- Contact camp deans to identify and schedule dates and location for the teams
- Manage travel expenses (housing, travel, food)
- Make housing arrangements and schedule church visits on the weekends
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Good communication skills, one-on-one in person and on the phone or in a group situation
- Good organizational and project management skills.
- Average to above average computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint experience. Additional computer knowledge helpful (Prezi, Content Management System, HTML website code).
- Good people skills – able to have command of a group when giving tours or communicating instructions/announcements during events
- Ability to be kind, yet firm, during difficult housing situations
- Inside office; travel as necessary. Some nights and weekends are required during events.
- The admissions office functions on a management team concept with the Dean of Enrollment serving as head of the team. Each team member carries full responsibility for their defined area. Each area supports and encourages one another, yet in a very real sense, is a separate entity unto itself.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. 1-2 years of event planning or meeting management experience
Please submit resume to
with references and salary requirements by December 6, 2013.